Saturday 15 June 2013

St Albans Half Marathon

Last weekend my mates and I took part in the St Albans half marathon! A very nice route was given to us, all on road but the route took us through residential areas and out into the sticks........and past the m1!

I was expecting it to be just a bit of training route for my ultramarathon next week,  however because I was running it with my mates.......I got caught up in the race and went a bit run happy!
The route surprised me a little, wasn't expecting hills because St Albans is quite flat! As I was running my training route now as a race I thought sod it and opened up down the hills! Now I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not a big fan of seeing a mile marker every single mile!!! I do sort of like to be surprised at how far I've gone!
And so after 1:51:31 I streaked past the finish line and a guy who appeared yo be a having a nasty moment or trying to gurn his way past the finish line!

Anyway, this time next week I will be running my Ultramarathon........wish me luck!!




No comments:

Post a Comment